Freitag, 7. August 2020

On the Second Coming (in Saker's Cafe)


  1. I know this isn’t being very original, but more and more, especially the last few days, I can’t get Keats out of my mind:
    “The Second Coming

    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

    Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
    The darkness drops again; but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? ”
    WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS
    • Pamela
      This Irishman like C.G.Jung had the forceful imagination, spirit and nature deal
      to some of us. I, myself had the dream of a stream of contaminated air, coming
      from the east, ‘palate-hurting’ in northern Germany and Denmark. The
      intellectus agens, or spiritus mundi never sleeps.
      We have to be a cog in the wheel, or a lap, the rest is done by spiritus mundi
      mirrored by loving hearts. Anything being done with, by, in love is cosmic useful
      and will remain.
      The demons to stop, God uses the counter-demons. Mankind has to learn
      to keep away from both of them.
        • That’s impressive mundanomaniac. Do you often have such dreams – and do you know how to interpret them?.
          I once – years ago now – saw a video of an interview with the woman who was a close colleague of Jung – it may have been Sabina Nikolayevna Spielrein, who said, after his death, that not long before he passed, he came downstairs one day from a sleep, and looked ashen and shocked.
          She said he had been having visions of the future of the world, and had written down this dream, which was so terrible he said he doubted mankind could be warned. She read the notes after his death and said she couldn’t tell anyone, talk about it, it was so horrible.
          All she would say is “be wary, be aware, listen to your dreams, your intuitions, and prepare for a disaster”.
          I do wish she had told us.
          I agree with you – I dont think mankind has been equipped to deal properly with demons. We should avoid the abyss at all times, and concentrate on the beauty of the world around us, and being spiritually improved and happy.
          The lion body with a mans head is a Sphinx. The only Sphinx we know of in a desert is the Giza Plateau Sphinx in Egypt. What is the significance of a Sphinx that fits this context – do you know? Is it from the Sphinx he saw via his “Spiritus mundi” that a “new beast” is born? Curious, that Bethlehem now houses one of the most aggressive dangerous people in the world – the Occupiers of Palestine
          I dont have dreams like that – they’re not coherent, and I dont remember much. More, sometimes, I get a feeling of remembering. I “remember” that something WILL happen. Sounds contradictory, but thats just how it goes. But I cannot command it. It comes as it will, often for no good reason, at least, not that I can see.
          I let it turn over. When something is right, it will tell me.
          I’m not “remembering” a massive disaster – I just have an absolute feeling of certainty. I just hope it’s wrong.
            • “And with love one can live even without happiness.”
              F. Dostoyevsky
              I quoted this some neighbors and they were dumbfounded. This, in the land of the never ending elusive “pursuit of happiness”, We spoke a bit about it and I just said that I thought that it was a lesson that will be put to most of us who survive this next period. It comes from an author whose land had to deal with an invasion every 70 years. on an average for 1,000 years….yep, every generation.
              Some things just have to be experienced to be believed.
              • The great Sphinx has a lions body, chest, and paws, the bull is represented by the internal metabolism, and the eagle by the wings on the human head. A totality, visible in the heavenly zodiacal constellations of Leo, Taurus, Eagle (Scorpio) and Aquarius, man.
                Perhaps the powerful, steadfast sphinx’s gaze into the distant future is telling us to search for love, for whatever it sees there is no terror, the mouth almost seems about to smile.
                Dream premonitions of disaster and fear are best worked through and dissolved.
          • Pamela,
            what an abundance, for evening- hours with wine, beer or tea, to contemplate on the Sphinx and the beast and the dreams of some – all in one.
            well the dreams – I’m an ascendant Cancer (= water, feeling, dreaming) Moon in Cancer 1. house (the trigger), Sun (heart) in 10 (father). So I kind of have to dream (= Moon in Cancer) for anyone of us (= house 10), as Sun in Pisces (=the worldchild).
            One has to, but doesn’t know it.
            Well two days a month moon in cancer has the ascendant each day 2h 40min, having to dream the ‘collective dream’.
            I’ve got three of the Chernobyl- kind. The second happened under the Earth in a tunnel-system, where in an atomic-laboratory the corrupted headmaster effected a critical mass to blow. A time later
            the accident of Tokaimura happened.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokaimura_nuclear_accident
            The third was in 2001, when I dreamed of a growing rumble, growing and growing and all-Earth-shaking growing …” we are getting pulverized” was my last thought … when I woke up, a helicopter had been passing. On 9.11. then we all became eyewitnesses of some of us, becoming pulverized.
            How to interpret? To me these dreams are clear enough, no interpretation necessary, deep impression in my psyche. I noted two of them. Sure enough, I’m a political and a poetical person since my youth, hence 10 years organized ‘professional’ communism in the ninety-seventies.With the heart of someone with Sun in house 10, beating always for himself, as an anonymous sovereign in the social aggregate, someone among anyone. Such attitude even applies in kings with Sun in 10, we are used to call them ‘the great’. (Louis XVI, Frederic II. of Prussia, Donald (“the great”? time will tell)
            Sphinx – to me woman is the sphinx. All promising, symbol of the unconsciousness, I study her/you lifelong, but I got my ultimate answer by my fourth woman= second wife since my age of 39.
            Genius of Woman = to follow, genius of man = to lead, together for each the optimum. What a crazy time, where women refuse to follow and men are unfit to lead.
            ‘Intellectus agens’ in each of us inherent as an unconscious intelligent aggregate privilege, trying to connect with the neurosis of a pair of innocent more or less brainwashed parents, in brainwashed societies in modern times, to become the conscious leader of as humble as great life as anonymous Anthropos.

Keine Kommentare: